Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

My name is John Nicholl. I'm an Industrial Design student, based in Adelaide, South Australia and this is the beginning of somewhere that I can think aloud and share my work.

This blog is somewhat outdated.
More current projects are posted on my website.

Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr: jwrnicholl

Monday, March 24, 2014

Computer Modelling Journal, Week 3

Why does Solidworks have to show me error messages every time there is something to complain about? There should be errors displayed in a news feed style in the corner of the screen so that I can see when they occur, then address them accordingly. No, I do not want  to use the wizard to solve the problem... It doesn't work. I do not want to have to deal with all your popup prompts each time I rebuild the model which I'm troubleshooting. I'll fix it when i fix it!

Problems this week...

There is a lip overhanging there which I need to pull back... (Left) But that won't happen till i figure out why the holes in teh back of the Lego mini-figure's leg is not being centered and causing that tiny blip. (Right)



Good news is that it looks pretty sweet so far. I've made a little block for it to stand on so that i can get some good measurement and alight the pieces and features to accurately fit onto a real Lego brick. Also, mirroring the leg piece was such a sleek process. I don't like having to rebuild the sketch as i make adjustments though.


I also made the head... I like this one.


Things left to do are the arms and hands. I don't feel like they will take as long because they don't connect to and Lego bricks. At the moment I'm still not sure what accessory I want to make for the mini-figure. Not to fear though... it can't be that hard, no matter what I decide to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment